Saturday 3 July 2010

Remain silent during salat.

Narrated Zaid bin Arqam;

In the lifetime of the Prophet (saw) we used to speak while offering As-salat (the prayer), and one of us would tell his needs to his companions, til the Verse;

'Guard strictly the (five obligatory) Salat (prayers) especially the middle i.e the best (Asr) prayer; and stand before Allah with obedience [and do not speak to others during the Salat (prayers)], (V2:238) was revealed. After that we were ordered to remain silent while offering Salat (prayer).


The shaytan is with us more easily during Salat and we appear ignorant to this ... the MOBILE PHONE!

I love praying in congregation 5 times a day with a room full of my fellow Muslim brothers... it is an amazing experience ... but .. it is so frustrating and distracting when someone's phone goes off.

If I was the Imam I would stop altogether and start again because of this dreadful interuption ...

I've even stood alongside a Muslim brother who has ANSWERED HIS PHONE! "Yeah bruv, just at the mosque praying ... 10 minutes ... yes .. yes .. I'll be out in 10 minutes ... How sad is it that I remember that conversation and not the verse the imam was reciting! There were even brothers in the row in front of me who TURNED AROUND to look!

And don't think having your phone on Vibrate is the answer ... I have prayed next to a brother who had someone so desperate to talk to them that they just kept ringing again and again so all I heard throughout 4 rakats was a vibrating noise which seriously became tedious and annoying.

Here is the answer .. and it is what I do ...

Please leave your mobile phones at home .. really, how difficult can that be?

May Allah save us all from Shaytan's tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment